Head of Administration & Finance
PARIS, FRANCE FLEXIBLE (PART-TIME / FULL-TIME)
Eligo Bioscience’s mission is to develop treatments and cures for serious diseases in immuno-inflammation, oncology and infectious diseases.
Backed by top-tier investors from Silicon Valley and Europe, Eligo is an industry-leading biotechnology company, co-founded by scientists and professors from MIT and the Rockefeller University – now operating in Paris, France. We are progressing next-generation precision medicines through in vivo gene editing of the microbiome. Eligo has raised over $50M in private financing and has already demonstrated industry traction for its platform with several collaboration and licensing deals with top 10 pharmaceutical companies.
Our pioneering work in the field of synthetic biology has enabled Eligo to be elected as one of the 30 Most Innovative Companies by the World Economic Forum, to receive multiple prestigious international awards. We have also been featured in international media and scientific journals such as Nature Biotechnology, Science, The Economist, The BBC and The New York Times.
Eligonauts are driven, passionate, and motivated to impact the lives of patients by applying cutting-edge science to solve real unmet needs. We are at a very exciting point in time of the Eligo journey as we are embarking on the transition from a start-up deeply rooted in innovation to a clinical stage biotech with the objective to bring our lead program to the clinic within the next two years.
Eligo Bioscience has attracted highly-diverse top talent from all over the world, who are driven, passionate, and motivated to impact the lives of patients by applying cutting-edge science to save lives and treat chronic disease. Eligo embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion and is committed to building diverse teams.
At Eligo Bioscience, we are passionate about developing new drugs to address unmet medical needs! Eligo is growing and moving fast to advance projects in the clinic and expanding its platforms and collaborations; we need to constantly adapt, optimize and improve our financial and internal processes to best use our capital and monitor progress against our corporate KPIs.
At the onset of our growth phase, this job is an exciting financial and administrative role with a great mix of operating responsibilities, internal process design and implementation and strategic support to the leadership team. You will be the first Head of Administration & Finance at Eligo.
You will be responsible for all financial planning, analysis and reporting through strategic plans, annual budgets and re-forecasts, profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow. You will be instrumental in setting up financial tools and processes, adapted to current company needs and lead its proper implementation. Leveraging your business and financial acumen, you will support the company’s leadership team in their strategic decisions.
- Prepare annual budgets and multi-year business plans
- Monitor cash flow
- Prepare annual closing & annual audit
- Guarantee compliance with tax and social obligations, validate tax choices with the statutory auditors and auditors and prepare/supervise tax declarations
- Research and negotiate financial instruments to support corporate strategy (bank loans, etc)
- Responsible for the relations with banks, accountant and auditors, tax services and other external partners in relation with your responsibilities
- Design and deliver regular reporting to management (financial statements, cash flow, debt)
- Responsible for the implementation and optimization of accounting and financial management tools and procedures (project-based budget, reporting flows, P2P)
- Manage tax credits for all R&D activities
- Prepare financial reporting to grant institutions, partners or other external parties
Administrative & Finance Operations
- Control the day-to-day administration of the company
- Select and manage external service providers for general or administrative operations
- Review various contracts to manage the company’s legal obligations and risks, manage company insurance policies
- Serve as liaison to legal counsel for general business matters
- Ensure company tools and processes are adapted to current company’s needs, propose improvement or alternative and lead its proper implementation
- Establish and manage internal control policies in line with the culture and vision of the company
- Oversee and manage a variety of mid- to long-term, cross-organizational projects depending on the needs
- Support the CEO for meeting preparation and planning for Board of Directors
- Link with legal and corporate counsels to prepare legal documentation before and after board’s meeting and for shareholders’ meeting
- Responsible for Board’s meetings organization
- Contribute to the structuring and transformation of the company and prepare business plan in close collaboration with the management team
- Participate in the preparation of strategic meetings
- Liaise with the corporate legal counsel regarding incentive plans and prepare and update the capitalization table accordingly
The position is flexible (part-time / full-time).
We are seeking a motivated candidate that can act as a vital thought partner to the Leadership team for all financial and administrative operations at Eligo.
• Exceptional work ethics and interpersonal skills: You demonstrate rigor, excellent analytical and organizational skills and autonomy. You have a sense of responsibility, a good ability to adapt and know how to combine great work ethics in your work with real interpersonal and managerial qualities.
• Driven to achieve results: You are incredibly driven to achieve results. You are tenacious in the face of adversity and carry a can-do attitude. You anticipate needs or issues to solve, you provide well-thought proposals to address those and deliver high-quality outputs on time. You know how to be comfortable with both strategic topics and operational issues with the ability to do it yourself.
• Strategic thinker: You deeply understand team and business operations. You act as a real business partner, with an entrepreneurial temperament, an assertive, dynamic, committed, educational and open personality.
• Supportive & altruistic: You have a collaborative attitude and are constantly looking for ways to offer support and maintain a trusting team environment. You must be confident enough to be candid & push back at times, while also humble enough to happily work behind the scenes.
- Master’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- 5+ yrs experience in management accounting position within audit or accounting firm and/or mid-sized companies and/or startups
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English and French
- Interested and at ease with using new technological tools (software, apps) to support process & tools design and implementation
- Experience in health startup or private biotech company