Cellular & Molecular Immunologist
Eligo Bioscience is an innovation-driven biotechnology company, spun out of MIT and Rockefeller University, and based in Paris, France.
Eligo Bioscience has raised more than 20 million euros from leading investors in Silicon Valley and in France to develop next-generation drugs that are based on the genetic engineering of bacteria and their viruses and aim to address unmet medical need in microbiome-associated diseases.
The Company has been elected as one of the 30 Most Innovative Companies by the World Economic Forum in 2017, has received multiple international awards for pioneering work in the field of synthetic biology, and has been featured in international media and scientific journals such as Nature Biotechnology, Science, The Economist, The BBC and The New York Times.
Eligo Bioscience has attracted highly diverse top talent from all over the world, currently numbering over 40 Eligonauts from more than 10 countries, who are driven, passionate, and motivated to impact the lives of patients by applying cutting-edge science to save lives and treat chronic diseases.
We believe that by enabling targeted in-situ gene editing of the microbiome, our therapeutics will have the potential to drastically change the disease course in patients with autoimmune diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer. Our proprietary platforms enable removing, editing, or adding functionality to the microbiome with unprecedented precision, allowing us to influence the host response in a radically new way.
At Eligo, we furthermore benefit from ongoing collaborations with key opinion leaders in specific therapeutic areas, greatly speeding up our research and development efforts.
Eligo embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion and is committed to building diverse teams. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates innovation through collaboration and empowers people to unleash their full potential. We care for one another, communicate and listen, jump in to help where needed, show flexibility, laugh a lot, and have fun together in the process of creating.
Our growing pipeline is rapidly progressing and we are looking for a highly motivated and creative Cellular & Molecular Immunologist to drive the immunological understanding of one of our Lead programs.
You will be responsible for the progress of our novel targets’ biology using cellular/molecular assays and tools to make significant contributions to our drug discovery programs.
You will have the opportunity to design and perform the experiments that progress further our target understanding and how our approach would provide benefit to the patient.
Your role would include working in partnership with a dynamic cross-functional project team that combines microbiology, synthetic biology, immunology, bioinformatics and automation.
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology or related fields with a track record of publications
- Postdoctoral training or previous drug discovery experience in a biopharmaceutical setting is a plus.
- Ability to design and run experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps and identify alternative approaches.
- Ability to deliver high-quality, consistent results in a timely fashion.
- Hands-on experience in cell-based assays using primary rodent and human immune cells (including T cells and Dendritic cells) and immortalized cell lines.
- Outstanding expertise in cell culture techniques and immune cell subset isolation from primary tissues and the blood compartment.
- Proficiency in multicolor flow-cytometry analysis in primary immune cells and cell lines.
- Expertise in molecular biology techniques including but not limited to nucleic acid extraction, qPCR, NanoString, along with proficiency in utilizing functional genomic editing tools (CRISPR-Cas, si/hRNA).
- Experience with protein detection methods (included but not limited to ELISA, Luminex, MSD, Western blotting).
- A self-motivated, energetic and creative scientist, a critical and innovative thinker to take part in the development of Eligo’s novel therapeutics.
- High degree of independence, proactive, and a strong sense of accountability.
- A positive “can-do” and result-oriented attitude, with openness to new ideas and ability to work flexibly in a highly dynamic environment.
- Dedicated, trustworthy, with a strong ability to function under pressure, while maintaining attention to detail and high performance.
- Outstanding organization skills and time management; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, as well as ability to prioritise and balance competing demands.
- High level of learning agility and drive to continuously improve and develop.
- Works well with others in the team and has excellent interpersonal skills.
Join us as we build the future of precision microbiome medicines!