PARIS, FRANCE FULL-TIME
At Eligo, we are passionate about developing new drugs to address unmet medical needs.
Eligo is a five-year-old biotech startup spun off from MIT and Rockefeller University and based in Paris, France.
Eligo has raised more than 20 million euros from leading investors in Silicon Valley and France to develop next-generation therapeutics. Our technology is based on the use of bacteriophage-derived particles to deliver genetic circuits to the microbiome, enabling us to tackle unmet medical needs such as antibiotic-resistance, infections, and other serious diseases associated with the microorganisms in and on our bodies.
Eligo has been selected by the World Economic Forum as one of the 30 most innovative companies in the world, has received international awards, grants, and recognition, and has been featured in scientific journals and other media (Nature Biotechnology, The New York Times, BBC, The Economist, Science, etc.)
Since its inception, Eligo has attracted top talent from all over the world. Currently, more than 35 driven and passionate Eligonauts representing eight nationalities work in our headquarters in the heart of Paris, striving to have an impact on the world by applying cutting-edge research.
Eligo is developing phage-derived modalities (Eligobiotics) to shape the microbiome composition or modulate its function. Eligo’s research projects are advancing rapidly towards the clinic and require careful evaluation of their formulation needs, and in some cases, development of a specific formulation adapted to Eligobiotics.
We are looking for excellent scientists with a strong background in formulation, excited to tackle the ambitious challenges of ensuring phages and phage-derived particles can be delivered to particular microbiome sites of the human body.
You’ll work hand-in-hand with other Eligonauts to produce, purify, and formulate drug candidates to be used in our clinical trials.
Your mission and responsibilities
- Evaluate formulation needs for current and new projects through interactions with research teams and projects leads
- Propose, plan, and execute formulation development activities in house (from the conceptualization to testing and stability monitoring)
- Identify collaborations or contract organisations needed for specific formulation expertise or capabilities
- Manage formulation activities with external organisations
- Ensure formulations and processes are designed to accommodate scale-up and technical transfer to GMP facilities
Profile we are looking for
We are recruiting a formulation scientist not only with significant experience in the field, but also creativity, ambition, and willingness to bring their excitement to strengthen the leadership of Eligo in the microbiome field.
If you enjoy spending your day in a stimulating scientific environment at the crossroads of many fields, putting energy into understanding the complexity and the beauty of the science…
If you are creative, curious, and ambitious, with an impeccable work ethic, a desire to be part of an international company with a fierce team spirit, and are ready to be challenged…
If you want to have a direct impact in a rapidly-developing and competitive field that aims to save lives…
THIS MISSION IS FOR YOU!
- PhD in either chemical engineering, pharmaceutical science, or related discipline OR in microbiology / phage biology / virology with significant experience in viral particle formulation
- Strong hands-on expertise with technologies such as encapsulation of active substances in polymeric matrices, coating, freeze-drying and spray-drying
- General proficiency in microbiological techniques
- In-depth understanding of chemical stability and characterisation techniques, especially related to biologics (bacteriophages, proteins)
- Previous success in developing at least one formulation able to efficiently deliver drug substances to a target site, preferably in a large animal or clinical setting