Head of Coporate and People Operations
At Eligo, we are passionate about developing new drugs to address unmet medical needs!
Eligo, a biotech startup spun off from MIT and Rockefeller, has raised more than $20M from prestigious VCs to develop new therapeutic modalities to tackle the growing threat of antibiotic resistance. Eligo has been elected one of the 30 most innovative companies in the world by the World Economic Forum (Technology Pioneer 2017) and its CEO has been awarded MIT TR35, Forbes 30U30, Young Entrepreneur of the Year by French Biotech, and Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum.
We are a quickly-growing team of motivated Eligonauts. If you thrive in fast-paced environments, are excited to solve real-world problems, and are looking for an opportunity as an Operations manager, THIS is the perfect opportunity!
To support Eligo’s fast growth and exciting developments, we are looking for a talented, driven, and inspiring leader to take our organization’s operations to the next level.
Your mission will be to provide management, professional, and operational support across Eligo, with an emphasis on operational efficiency and effectiveness, organization, corporate affairs, and people development.
Corporate Operations: Your mission will be to be an efficient executor to support daily corporate operations andbut also a strategic advisor, internal consultant, and change agent to support and/or lead initiatives for optimizing organizational effectiveness.
People Operations: Our People (the Eligonauts) are central to our success and as our first-ever People person, you’ll be critical to ensuring they thrive (talent development, culture, performance management, recruitment, policies, etc.).
Similarly, as we grow, we seek to leverage our core values effectively while strengthening our culture of learning, operational excellence, accountability, rigor, and competitiveness. Driven by a deep passion for making the world better, it is important for us to “walk the talk” and create a world-class environment for our employees as we scale.
Key skills you’ll bring to the table
- You are business-minded and commercially astute – starting with the business goals first and aligning People to add strategic value
- You care personally about People and their success
- You have a deep understanding of what “Fantastic” looks like in all areas of the Employee journey & experience, and the ability to deliver this
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have excellent active listening skills, are strongly empathetic, and are able to apprehend complexity, both intellectual and human
- You are able to build brilliant, collaborative, and productive relationships with colleagues, clients, and partners
- You work at speed to implement amazing and scalable solutions
- You are a judicious decision maker and prioritizer and can provide clear, informed and knowledgeable advice
- You strive for excellence in everything you do. You don’t accept mediocrity in yourself or your team.
- You are able to solve problems elegantly and creatively – “find a way or make a way” – and are not afraid to challenge the status quo
- You have the confidence and gravitas to be a trusted advisor, and the ability to coach and counsel at all levels
- You are adaptable and flexible, able to work in ambiguous situations
- You have great attention to detail and are extremely organized
- You are at ease with computers and software, and you are not afraid of testing new concepts and apps.
- You have unimpeachable integrity, self-confidence, a high level of energy, and a sense of humor (while remaining humble!).
- You are bilingual in English and French